I love a dish that transforms a familiar taste into something amazing….like this sweet and savory salsa. It’s like guacamole kicked up a few notches. Which is tough, since guac is quite perfect on it’s own. But let me tell you, I could have eaten the entire bowl of this delicious salsa.
For one, it’s gorgeous! It was a beautiful addition to my holiday meal. For two, the taste is crazy good. It’s sweet meets savory meets Mexico. Love it. For three – you knew this was coming – it’s healthy. Avocados and antioxidant-rich pomegranates are two of the most healthy foods you can eat…in my opinion.
I scooped it up with some homemade tortilla chips.
We were basically licking the bowl. I think you will, too. Enjoy!
- 2 avocados, diced
- Juice from 1 lime
- 12 oz can mandarin oranges, drained and diced
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- In a bowl, combine avocado, green onions, cilantro, salt and jalapeno. Drain mandarin oranges and chop. After chopping, drain again. Add oranges and pomegranate seeds to the bowl. Toss gently with lime juice and honey. Taste and add more salt, if needed.