NatureBox: My New Favorite Snacks

by Danielle Omar on March 27, 2012

I’ll admit, I was skeptical at first.  When the folks at NatureBox offered to send me some samples of their snacks, I thought to myself…what could they possibly send me that would knock my socks off?  The first image that came to mind was Veggie Straws…and I figured it was just another food company trying to pass off their highly processed food in a bag as healthy.

I couldn’t have been more wrong.

Move over Veggie Straws….this is what “veggie chips” should look like!  Aren’t they beautiful?

Let me introduce you to NatureBox.  This cute little company sends a surprise snack box to your house each month.  It’s like the snack-of the-month club.  They sent me March’s sample pack to taste…and I am hooked.

Here’s  a sneak peek at the contents of my box: 5 bags of treats — each bag contains 2-3 servings.

What do I like about these snacks?  None of the products contain high fructose corn syrup, trans fats, artificial sweeteners, artificial flavors, or artificial colors.  So that’s a plus right there.  I also like that the snacks are foods me and my family would be eating anyway.

In the March box I received:

Granola

Dried Bing cherries

Veggie chips

Firecracker chips — I was least excited to taste…but when I did, they were delicious.

And whole wheat figgy bars, which got eaten before I could photograph.  Well, I did have one left.

So there you have it!  Wouldn’t you love to get this great little box every month on your doorstep?  I know I would…saves me the time to gather up snacks and I love the idea of not knowing what’s coming.  And guess what?  The lovely folks over at NatureBox are offering you a discount!  The cost of a membership is just $19.95/month, but use the promo code HEALTHY and get 25% off your first order of a month to month subscription OR subscribe for 6 months and receive 1 month free (or a 12- month subscription gets 3 months free).

All I can say to that is….Happy Snacking!

Danielle Omar

Owner, Registered Dietitian at Danielle Omar Nutrition
Danielle creates personal eating strategies for busy men and women through individual nutrition counseling, cooking classes and digital programs. She inspires working parents, busy families, and stressed out professionals to change the way they think about food. Danielle is also a cookbook author, nutrition and culinary spokesperson, and recipe developer. Click here to sign up for her Confident Kitchen newsletter.

{ 18 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Nadine Nicholson March 27, 2012 at 5:32 pm

Danielle, I want those veggie chips! Just like getting a new Oprah every month, we can now get a new snack! Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

2 Danielle Omar March 27, 2012 at 8:14 pm

Exactly! Love my O magazine!

3 Shannon Cherry March 27, 2012 at 6:59 pm

Can I say YUM?

I’ve been searching for some healthier snack options for my six-year old twins and this sounds like a great way to try different things!

My kids love dried cranberries so I bet the cherries would be a hit. (But is it cannibalism to eat cherries when our last name is Cherry? LOL!)

I’d love to know more about the firecracker chips. Are they spicy? What are they made of?

4 Danielle Omar March 27, 2012 at 8:13 pm

No, they aren’t spicy…they have an Asian flavor…umami I think they call it? They’re made with rice and spices…paprika, garlic, etc! Very tasty!

5 Margo DeGange March 27, 2012 at 9:41 pm

Danielle, thanks for letting us know about these great snacks. This is news to me for sure.

I love the look of them all, and the photos of the Firecracker Chips, Veggie Chips, and Bing Cherries make me want some now!

I had to crack up laughing at your ONE Figgy Bar! I bet they were yummy!

Thanks for being our amazing health coach and keeping us posted on good fuel for our bodies!

Hugs,

Margo

6 Luci March 28, 2012 at 7:43 pm

Shannon – NatureBox snacks are delish! A couple of months ago they sent dried cranberries and they were the best ones I have ever eaten.

7 Danielle Omar April 1, 2012 at 5:48 pm

Oh wow, that’s awesome! Can’t wait to see what’s in next month’s box!

8 Mary Ann MacKay March 29, 2012 at 7:56 pm

Looks delicious! I plan to sign up.

9 Gina Bell April 1, 2012 at 3:01 pm

Hey Danielle… LOVE the pics. By the third one my mouth was starting to water. I’ll definitely check out NatureBox. Love the idea of it being a recurring order that I can set, forget and enjoy. Fingers crossed it’s available for gals like me in Canada. xo

10 Danielle Omar April 1, 2012 at 5:49 pm

Isn’t it great? I don’t think they’re in Canada though! :(

11 Amelia @ Eating Made Easy April 27, 2012 at 4:32 am

I LOVE those veggie chips! They’ve had them in my grocery store’s bulk bins for a few years and I have to really exercise self-control or I’d eat the whole bin right there in the store ;)

12 Charisse August 21, 2012 at 3:29 pm

I just “liked” this page on FaceBook. I also just joined the NatureBox membership today. They have had their link on the side of ScaryMommy’s blog for a while now and I have gone back and forth on whether or not I want to do this – but I figured that it is such a small amount of money that I would go ahead and try it out. I am glad that I found your review, though, to know that they are full-sized bags and not snack-sized bags!!!

13 Susan August 21, 2012 at 9:02 pm

Does the stuff they send you have nutrition labels? Mainly, how low in sodium were they?

14 Danielle Omar August 22, 2012 at 12:40 am

Yes, everything has a nutrition facts panel!

15 Alexandria Professional Bagpiper August 25, 2012 at 3:28 am

This is really a neat idea! I am excited to try it.

16 jccook March 17, 2014 at 10:45 am

Happy to find your company and products. Looking forward to enjoying your services and products. I do like good, healthy, tasty food. jccook, Seattle, Wash

17 suzanne tyler rd ldn March 17, 2014 at 11:25 am

Suffice to say, these higher fiber, portable healthy
snacks make real sense and look so yummy…

thanks Danielle

18 anil March 21, 2014 at 4:40 pm

Danielle,

Are NatureBox snacks any good for Diabetics? Need low Sugar, low Sodium. , low Calories, low fat, low Carbs and High Potassium.